I’d never even imagined that there would be so many Math resources on the web. Here are some I found recently (in addition to Project Euler, which I’ve already mentioned). Do check them out! =)
- http://www.mmp.maths.org/ : The Millenium math Project – something I had found out while my research for the Math magazine I had made, and am making at the moment. They have launched a number of other “projects” under their foundation, which are all equally splendid.
A poster I got on their site:
- http://nrich.maths.org/public/ – A project of the MMP, which is pretty similar to Project Euler, minus the programming part. It is a collaborative problem solving site, where they share numerous problems, and the problems are based on monthly themes.
- http://plus.maths.org/ – Another awesome project of the MMP, which is actually a free for all online Math journal! It’s like an -ezine, and has research-level content.
- http://thesaurus.maths.org/mmkb/view.html – A Math Thesaurus!! Another project of the MMP. But now, who would have imagined a Math Thesaurus?? But it’s pretty cool and fun!
- http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/46/?pa=historicalEvent&sa=browseFrontEnd&month=3&day=28&x=76&y=9 – Ideally this is an entire online Math library, but I picked out this page, cause you can navigate date-wise, and see a list of Math-related events which happened on eahc day. Sometimes, they are more of Science, but its great fun, Especially considering it must have been extensively researched, since it covers “events” like “Einstein sent a mail to Oppenheimer”. 😉
- http://scienceblogs.com/goodmath/2006/12/nullity_the_nonsense_number_1.php – And of course, another random link which explains how Chuck Norris being able to divide by zero is nothing special, but just stupid and wasteful! Randomness galore, ain’t it? 🙂
And last, but the most. I launched my own social network on Ning. And of all topics, I chose Math. 😀
[Also, if you’re a heavy privacy freak and all, I might actually suggest you don’t join it considering this. Now, aren’t you grateful I forewarned you! So, on this glad note, do join my Ning network! 😉 ]